Client Kew Gardens
The Temperate House in Kew Gardens is a grade 1 listed building which was initially opened to the public back in 1863.
The building recently underwent a 5-year restoration and nearing the end of this project, new signage and display frames were required.
Following an NEUPC tender, Wood & Wood were selected to further develop the initial designs and then manufacture and install the signage and display frames.
The entrance obelisks were manufactured from white concrete with screen printed plaques. The internal interpretation frames and hero plant frames were made from shot peened stainless steel with corian panels.
The results were so striking that Sir David Attenborough commented upon them in his speech on the opening evening.