Client John Lewis
John Lewis was born in 1864 when it opened it’s first shop in London’s Oxford Street and, over the intervening 150 years has succeeded in becoming one of the best-loved and largest department store retailers in the UK with a growing online business.
The John Lewis Partnership appointed Wood and Wood after a competitive tendering process, as the retail signage contractor for their corporate re-branding programme. The contract was to develop external signage and fascia for four department stores, including their flagship store on Oxford Street, London.
The initial re-branding included the manufacture and installation of canopy lettering, projecting signs and suspended signs, with individual letters being fabricated from 3mm aluminium with opal acrylic faces. All signs and fascia were polyester powder coated to John Lewis’ corporate colours and illuminated via cold cathode tube. As work progressed the scope extended to cover all external signs including the retail distribution centres, customer collection points, store car park and secondary signs.
The successful completion of the initial contract led to two further phases, which have included all of the John Lewis department stores nationwide.
For an informal discussion of your requirements or to learn more, contact us today.